After a long day of driving or hiking, the natural hot springs at Roper Lake State Park are inviting and invigorating. Enjoy desert vegetation, an accessible fishing dock, and stunning views of Mount Graham. Roper Lake is stocked with Largemouth bass and Rainbow trout; it’s a great place for kids to catch their first fish. Boats are limited to small electric motors, creating ideal conditions for a sail board or a canoe. Enjoy five miles of trails in the park and nearby Dankworth Pond. Take advantage of excellent birdwatching and glimpse Gamble’s quail and heron. The park’s camping cabins offer an easy, fun camping experience.
Roper Lake has 30 lake surface acres, a boat ramp, natural stone hot tub, a swimming beach, a day use island with picnic tables and grills, camping cabins, and campgrounds. Reservations are available for camping cabins and
* Damaging or removing the natural rocks, vegetation, or public property is prohibited.
* Keep pets on a leash. Pets are not allowed in swimming areas. Pick up pet fecal waste.
* No glass containers on day-use island or hot-tub area.
* No pets on swimming beach or hot-tub area.
* Quiet time is 10 pm to 6 am. Including generators.
* Prevent loud nuisance noises.
* Maximum stay length in a state park is 2 weeks within a 30 day period.
* Vehicles must stay on the pavement at all times.
* Camping permitted in designated sites only.
* Checkout of a non-reserved campsite is 2 pm. Checkout of a reserved campsite is 11 am.
* Campsites are available by reservation; Campsite reservation must be made at a minimum of two weeks in advance to your arrival date. Call the park directly to make a reservation. The first nights fee and a reservation fee is required to reserve the campsite; payable by Visa or Mastercard.
* Please note, those campers that occupy a an electric campsite will be charged the electric campsite fee.
* Sewage dump-station is available to registered campers only.