Maisy is an 8-year-old St. Bernard dog residing with a family in England. When her owner, Jane Dickinson, began noticing that Maisy was not feeling well, she took her to the vet for a checkup. The veterinarian decided to do a cat scan to see if he could find out what was causing Maisy to feel sick. The results revealed a large mass on her spleen and a swollen stomach. The veterinarian, Nick Blackburn, diagnosed her with cancer and informed the family that she would need an operation to remove the large mass. On the day of surgery, when the vet began to operate, he was shocked to discover that the vast mass was four stuffed teddy bears that Maisy had chewed up and swallowed. He removed all of the teddy bears from Maisy’s stomach and concluded that the teddy bears were the only issue that was causing her to feel ill. There were no other signs that would indicate that she had cancer. When the surgery was complete, the vet informed the family that he had misdiagnosed Maisy and the mass was chewed up teddy bears and not cancer. The family was in total shock! The owner Jane was prepared for the worse and was worried that Maisy would not even survive the surgery, so she was relieved to hear that it was just teddy bears and the vet was able to remove all of them successfully. When the vet showed her the teddy bears that came out, she realized that they were stuffed animals belonging to the family’s chihuahuas. Everything with the surgery went well, and Maisy made a full recovery. Today Maisy is now feeling great again and enjoying life. She is not displaying any signs of feeling ill, and there has been no suggestion that Maisy has cancer, as reported by CBS News.
You are here: / / Dog’s Cancer Diagnosis Was Just Teddy Bears